St. Anne’s-Belfield’s girls lacrosse team picked up another solid win Friday, beating Flint Hill 14-11 on the road behind a balanced offensive effort and a solid day in the cage from Molly Morris.
McKenzie Maurer led the Saints’ attack with four goals and an assist. Elizabeth Carden scored three goals and dished out two assists. Claire Schotta dished out three assists and scored twice. Catherine Carden had two goals and had two assists.
Sarah Bauer had two goals and Jackie Hartwig scored one goal.
Morris stopped eight shots for STAB.
Western Albemarle girls lacrosse falls to Douglas Freeman
Western Albemarle’s girls lacrosse fell to Douglas Freeman Friday night on the road, losing 11-4.
Karoline Nease and Grace Douglas each finished with four goals to lead Freeman while Trudge Grattan made 11 saves in the cage.
Joie Funk led Western with two goals while Hanna Schuler and Kira Repich each had a goal. Catherine Adams made six saves in the cage for the Warriors.
Western girls tennis knocks off Handley
Western Albemarle’s girls tennis beat John Handley 7-2 Friday to move to 3-0 on the year.
Western Albemarle 7, John Handley 2
- Meredith Watts (HHS) def. Hannah Kearns (WAHS) 10-8
- Rosy Ix (WAHS) def. Josie Sydnor (HHS) 10-1
- Anna O’Shea (WAHS) def. Lillian Smith (HHS) 10-6
- Louise West (WAHS) def. Laurel Griffin (HHS) 10-6
- Giulia Schiaretti (WAHS) def. Cat Love (HHS) 10-3
- Sarah Inman (WAHS) def. Anna Griffin (HHS)10-3
- Kearns/O’Shea def. Watts/Sydnor 11-9
- Ix/West def Griffin L./Smith 10-4
- Love/Griffin A. (HHS) def Inman/Schiaretti 10-7
Madison County softball beat Orange County 3-2. Logyn Estes with a complete game win.
Covenant baseball falls 8-7 to Norfolk Christian.
St. Anne’s-Belfield boys lacrosse beat Paul VI 12-9.